Our website address is: http://www.globalecosocialistnetwork.net
We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
We may update this policy from time to time. If we do, any changes will be detailed on our website for you to refer to. If you have any questions, or any requests concerning your personal information please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
How we collect and use your personal data
Global Ecosocialist Network (GEN) collects certain personal data depending on what activities you engage in while on our website. Examples of these different activities and the data we may collect are listed below:
- Signing up to our newsletter: If you choose to sign up to our newsletter we will collect your name and email address.
- Joining GEN: If you join GEN, we will store your details as provided on our online membership form.
- Affiliation to GEN: If you affiliate to GEN, we will store your details as provided on our online affiliation form.
Disclosure of personal data
We will not share your personal data with any third parties.
- Google analytics – in order to monitor site traffic for the purposes of improving the user experience
- GEN newsletter is generated using third party tools that will store your name and email contact details.
How to unsubscribe from our newsletter
If you are signed up to the GEN newsletter list but no longer want to receive emails from us, simply scroll to the bottom of any newsletter you have received and modify your subscription
We endeavour to do our best to protect your personal data. For all personal data we hold, we use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorized access. We do not process and store any payment and credit card information. All payments on the website are processes via standard Pay Pay payment screens as an external payment module secured by Pay Pal.
Our digital Database of members is securely stored by our hosting provider. We do not store any financial and credit card information.
Comments on the website
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
When visitors fill our contact form we collect the data shown in the screen and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
f you leave a comment on our site you may opt in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
As a data subject (i.e. someone about whom we collect personal information) you have certain rights. These rights are not universal or absolute, and may vary depending on applicable data protection legislation. Under GDPR, all website users based in the European Union have the following rights:
- The right to access personal data held by us about you
- The right to require us to correct any inaccurate data we might hold about you
- The right to require us to erase/delete personal data held by us about you
- The right to restrict our processing of personal data held by us about you
- The right to request and receive – at no financial cost – any and all personal data which you have provided to us in an accessible format
- The right to withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal data, either in specific aspects, or in its totality
In order to exercise any of these rights, please e mail us at email@example.com